Monday, April 14, 2014

Back Home in Cedar Rapids

Hello,

I am back in Cedar Rapids where the grass is green, winter onions are ready to eat, and chives are close. It is definitely warmer here.

In the morning I walked Cloe and was quite happy to step inside the warm house when I got back. At least I did not need my boots. However, I drove past snow on the grass and fields in southern Minnesota and northern Iowa. They seem to have gotten enough for it to be quite visible.

Friday night Logan said he wanted to have a sleep over. When I asked him to explain he said, “I want to sleep in Sophia’s room with you.”

So we had a sleep over for two nights. Sophia slept on the top bunk, Logan slept on the bottom bunk, and I slept on the trundle bed mattress on the floor. It was decided that Cloe should join the party and her bed was at the foot of the bunk bed. There was certainly a lot of breathing, sighing, and a bit of snoring in the night. It took  some fancy maneuvers to convince the children to stop talking, close their eyes, and actually sleep, but eventually it happened.

Logan would have liked to have grandpa there because as it was Logan was the only boy in the house and he felt out numbered. I would have liked grandpa there too because apparently I do not play such fun things with the kids.

I also noticed how little self time there was once the kids were home from school and preschool. Kudos to all parents who do such a great job in their parent role requiring much personal time to be forfeited. The world is a better place because of that.


Paula

No comments: