Monday, April 28, 2014

Where did Leroy go?

Hello,

Leroy is in St. Louis for a week doing Stephen’s Ministry training. He was pleased to be able to go with all the classes paid for by the church. He has noticed that it does not happen so much in his library job. Last night he called and reported in. The drive was uneventful with just a few rain showers here and there.

I got a lot of reading done last night. It was quiet and not distracting. I am reading Seabiscuit. My knowledge of horse racing has grown considerably, but that is easy to add to since I knew little before I started. Before this I had no idea how much is required of the jockeys; how strong and daring they must be. I just thought they had to be light weight.

I am thinking I will start packing a little today. Miriam tells me that I should just bring underwear and shoes as I can wear her clothes. She also tells me that it will be warm. When I look at the prediction for her area it does not look so very warm. I will take a dress to wear for graduation, assuming it will be a bit more formal than some occasions.

My hair is curling and looks good. Humidity is my friend but soon I will be in the land of little humidity. For some reason there they think humidity is not a good thing. I, however, like the feel on my hair, skin and eyes. Too much humidity is not as terrific, but just as with many things moderation is the best.

I have not shifted the clothes in my closet so I can easily access summer things. Once in a while I do grab something in the back row, but certainly not everyday. Maybe when I come back it will have all changed to a warmer feel. I do know some who started to wear sandals when we had a teaser warm spell. They insisted that they were not going back. As of yet I have not painted my toe nails.


Paula

No comments: