Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Where is my mind?

Hello,

We had a display in the Ely library matching books and movies that were made from them. Seabiscuit was one of those items. This movie had impressed me so I often recommended this set with little result because people had already seen it or really did not want to. They certainly were not interested in reading the book even though I had recommended this author’s other book, Unbroken to many people and they had all liked it.

I had never read the book so it seemed like I should follow my own advice. We also had a documentary so I watched that first since I had never seen it. Leroy and I both liked it. I did not have time to watch the movie here, but learned that Brian still owned it. I asked because I remembered watching it at his house.

When the kids were not at home or were in bed I started to watch this movie. The opening scene was not at all what I remembered. From then on I did not have a time when I thought yes, I have seen this. The story was somewhat familiar, but maybe that was from the documentary. Do I remember anything?  Do not know. Good thing that I liked the movie, even crying a bit. To think I have been talking about how well I liked this movie and could not remember it. I must have another movie stuck in my mind, but what would it be?

I am reading the book and enjoying it even if it is not exactly like the movie. I like to see a movie and then have the tale enriched by the book rather than read the book and have the tale diminished by the movie.

How could I be so sure that I had seen the movie and not remember the scenes, but not really be surprised by it at all? I am great at promoting many things even ones that I am sure am familiar with, but can’t recall. Maybe I should be a used car sales person.


Paula

No comments: