Saturday, March 29, 2014

Good things

Hello,

Last night we were invited out to eat with friends. I think I talked too much, but other than that it was a good time. I even believe I might have repeated a story or two that I had told in the past. Oh, dear, that repeating story sign of aging is creeping in. Brian, however, would tell you that it settled in a long time ago and never left. Leroy and I both enjoyed this time of visiting.

Today I managed to walk 3.5 miles. It is so wonderful that the sun was shining and it was a bit warmer. So many people were out working on the lawns, flower beds, or other outside household chores. It was great to greet all of these people. One other reason to be out walking was that I had gotten some groceries in the morning only to learn when I got home that I had not been charged for some cheese. I walked back to the store to pay for it. They were surprised and pleased that I had come back to correct that oversight. It almost felt like a good deed because of its rarity.

Since the company did not want it back, Leroy decided to take apart the water kettle that had stopped working. This non mechanical genius decided to cut apart some wires and put it back together. On the test it performed wonderfully well. The second time was good too. We are not getting overly optimistic but we think it is healed for the moment even though Leroy has no idea what the wires were supposed to do. His intuition told him to cut them.

Yesterday I told Miriam that I would like to come for her graduation in May. This child lets no grass grow under her feet. She worked out a plan. We have canceled my return flight in July. At that time Miriam, her two daughters, and I will drive back to Iowa. That trip fits in with other plans she had. I think I am to help with the children on this 1200 mile drive. We have also talked about stopping in Missouri Valley where she was born so she can see her birth town. She does not remember it at all since we left when she was four years and one month old. The cancelled flight credit allows me to get a very cheap flight out the last week in April and first in May. Who would have thought this could happen?


Paula

No comments: