Friday, March 7, 2014

Leroy's Job

Hello,

Starting on Tuesday, Leroy will have a temporary part time job that will last until sometime in April. He is going to fill in for the visitation pastor at our church while she has her hip replaced and recovers from that experience. Leroy has spent some time talking with the pastors and getting a sense of what is required. With Leroy it is hard to tell how he is reacting as he holds feelings close, but he is excited about this venture. He has been chattering on and on about how it will all work out. The schedule at the church is quite scattered. His museum boss is very open to making this work. He will be working on an hourly basis, but it seems that he will have no trouble adding 20 hours to his 15 hours at the museum. He feels one of the more difficult things might be to find a day off in the week. Because the church is paying more per hour he will come out ahead financially. We will see if he would indeed like to work part time in two rather divergent careers. I think it will be good because it will give him the variety that he craves.

Just when I had gotten slightly adjusted to having Leroy around more he is going to disappear. We had agreed to help Brian and Jen by babysitting when they took a vacation, but it looks now as if it will just be me. I have done such a thing in the past so I can do it again, but I was looking forward to having his company and input.

On another note entirely, I got my haircut at the cosmetology school in the neighborhood. I had told my regular cutter that I needed to economize and she took that information graciously. She did tell me that I could get a good cut at the school and I now know that to be true. Course it might have helped because the stylist was ready to graduate. It is nice because it is so close, a mere four blocks away.

Paula

No comments: