Sunday, March 9, 2014

Great Weekend

Hello,

Saturday I volunteered at our church for a larger area meeting. It was so great to see people I know from a distance. Hugs are great. We did have one couple stay and visit a while so Leroy was also able to interact with them. He enjoyed that. I told him about all the people I had seen passing on their greetings but he would have rather seen them in person.

I walked to church but got a ride home. However because I was moving around on my feet most of the day I figure that I got in the other half mile, so it seems quite honest to record the two miles for my daily walk during Lent. I had forgotten my pedometer. I suspect I walked four or five miles.

Today we had Fastnachts for my co-workers. It was an easy deal because there are not so many of them. One batch was plenty with just enough dough left for eight cinnamon rolls. Six invited and four came with family. It was fun to see them. Leroy had not met all of them so he appreciated that too.

That Leroy went out and chopped away some of the ice close to our garage. He declared, “We and our neighbors must have shade on this part of the ally as the rest of it was almost clear of ice.” It is to be nice for the next couple days. I am looking forward to much more ice disappearing in those days.

This morning we walked much of the way to church in the street. It never occurred to me that I would walk in the street of a city that is over 100,000 people. Small towns? Yes, I did that all the time there. Course I walk in the street at Brian’s house and their city is connected to a larger metropolitan area. We walked in the street because the previous days melt created many thin icy spots that were hard to see.

Paula

No comments: