Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring

Hello,

Spring is coming. The signs? Much of the snow has melted, people are walking more, people are hanging outside to smoke, people are talking about grilling, and more people are riding bicycles. There are also more birds around. When it is warmer outside, our apartment is frequently colder than when it is very cold outside, perhaps because the furnace does not run frequently.

The mail just came. Surprise, surprise there is a recall on the Saturn that I drive. I am not sure why, but it surprises me because it is ten years old. Seems it has taken awhile to find this need. There is something about the starter that could cause it to stop unexpectedly. It is recommended that no other weight be on the key ring. So I am going to just use the key by itself until the parts come.

Leroy is settling into his additional part time job. Yesterday he spent some time at both concerns making a very full day of it. Guess he is going to try to take Mondays off, reminiscent of former days. The museum library is closing on Mondays because of the limited staff hours. Apparently there is not much scheduled at the church job for Mondays so it seems like the best possibility.

When we got our last checks I actually made more than Leroy. Now for a little while he will again be make more than I do. It is astonishing how our income bounces around. Feast or famine and all that. I believe that it makes us less dependent, than many US citizens, on money for our happiness and sense of stability.

When I come home from work tomorrow Brian, Sophia and Logan should be here. They will stay through Sunday. I am looking forward to spending time with them. Jen is working; consequently she is keeping track of the home and dog.


Paula

No comments: