Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Leroy's Schedule

Hello,

I have little idea about Leroy’s schedule. Leroy is working 20 hours or about that for the church and 15 for the museum. It is not so simple that he can go to work at the museum for two days and the church for three. There are nursing homes services that have a set schedule as well as visiting hours at hospitals and nursing homes. There are meetings at both concerns that are also scheduled. So he goes some hours here and some hours there. I just ask each day what he is doing or where he will be and hope I remember if I need to know that information.

He is preaching this Saturday and Sunday. That also is requiring adjustments for him. He used to have a set schedule of how he approached a sermon. His preferred method was to look at the lessons on Monday or Tuesday, let it percolate in his brain for days and on Friday morning write his sermon. That is not working now because the sermon must be done on Thursday so it can be recorded. He will adjust, but it is stretching him at this moment.

He is also having a harder time riding his bike to work as he needs to be quicker getting from one place to another. That is a bit of a loss because it is now warm enough and the streets are clear so he could ride the bike with those considerations.

Then I have to go listen to Leroy preach. Generally he does a good job, but the first times in a new church I find that I am a little nervous, perhaps feeling responsible for something that I have no control over. At least I seldom hear him make a grammatical error now. He commented that both of the preachers here are so good that he feels a little intimidated. All will be well is my mantra.

At least his brain is being stimulated as he tries to figure out all of these almost new things.


Paula

No comments: