Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Feeling Better

Hello,

Amazing how a little grinding and polishing could bring relief. The pillar in my mouth is gone. My tongue is still a little tender, but I suspect it just needs some time to heal from all of the abuse.

The dentist did not charge anything for this service. He also told me that for the time being it is ok to ignore it unless it bothers me. It is just the porcelain coming off and the tooth is still protected by the metal on it. Not that porcelain coming off is a good thing, but that it is the last tooth in the row and the back of it so it should not be an issue.

I can now talk, eat, swallow, and sleep in comfort. Amazing how precious those ordinary tasks are. Also how we hardly even think of them and just take it for granted that it will all work. I have some new things to add to my gratitude list.

Son Brian will be pleased, but I decided to get rid of a pair of shoes that does not feel so good on my feet. I kept them because they cost more money than they should have just to be given away. Last year I did not wear them at all. Today I took a two mile walk in them and that sealed the thought of giving them away. I hobbled home for the last half mile wondering why I had kept them. Hopefully someone who can enjoy them will find them.

I made a big to do list today, but have not crossed off much of it. It seems that a book was calling me or just resting was calling. For some reason I am coughing today. Last night my throat hurt, but that is better today. My nose is running a bit more than usual. Do I have something? Probably a little something as I also feel tired. I still feel better than I did a day ago because my hard working tongue is having a great day wallowing around in comfort.


Paula

No comments: