Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Life as Usual

Hello,

In spite of the thin layer of ice with a bit of snow on top, Leroy walked to work today. He had planned to ride the bike, but after shoveling off the sidewalk and discovering the under layer of ice, he thought walking was the better course.

I confess to urging him to walk or ride, but this morning I kept interjecting, “You could even drive.” A comment that he handily ignored.

He is at the church in the morning so that is only a mile, but from there he walks to the museum which is another two miles. After working all afternoon he will come home, a three mile walk. Later he will go back to church for a meeting. I will not be home so I can have no influence on his walking or driving decision. Oh I know the exercise is good, but this seems like a lot of walking especially because it is quite windy and cold today. But Leroy is tough, right? Who could guess by looking at him?

Our water kettle decided not to work this morning. We were both quite sad. I will have to contact the company because it is still under warranty. I even have the sales recite. However I put off attending to this because I do not like to make phone calls.

It would be helpful if our phone worked, but that will be another day to try to get that fixed again. It will be some day when I feel stronger and do not have to go to work. For now we use our cell phones or I make calls using Google software on the computer.  The hard part is that if someone calls us on our home phone, we do not know about it. I believe it takes messages and stores them in cyberspace. Seems to me cyberspace must be more and more crowded. In the overall picture of life will any of those stored stuff matter? I am grateful that we can still communicate with the outside world. We even have choices.


Paula

No comments: