Friday, March 21, 2014

Sea Shells and other comments

Hello,

While Brian and his kids were here we got out the sea shells. Brian was amazed that we have moved them so many times without getting rid of them. He had decided to get rid of them several years ago. I do not remember when that was even, but I could not bear to part with them. When we lived in Chariton we did have them in the display case in the library. Other than that, a box has been their home.

Sophia and Logan were quite interested in these pieces, handling them with care and a bit of awe. On Monday I learned that my co worker was going to do a story time that was beach related so I offered the shells. Ironic that in one week they have been viewed twice after years of being tucked away in the dark. Even though I have no earthly use for them, I am reluctant to get rid of them. I find them interesting to look at, just not often.

Leroy has managed to work at one place or the other everyday this week. He will have to get that squared away a little better so he has at least one entire day off. This was a particularly busy week at the church so maybe next week there will be that magic day. Leroy is preaching Saturday night. He was talking about getting his alb and stole to church. I suggested he stuff it is his bike bag. He said, “I am thinking about walking.”

A vision of Leroy walking to church in full garb flapping in the wind, flashed through my mind. “What would people think of that?” I wondered. Maybe he ought to do that just to see the reaction in the neighborhood. Somehow I suspect he will just carry it as he planned to do.

Miracles still happen. I got in the quickest checkout line at the grocery story! Also would you believe that I earned six dollars more than Leroy in our current checks? I am the big wage earner in this family for a little while.


Paula

No comments: