Monday, October 1, 2012

Relaxation


Hello,

Fall is moving beautifully on. The trees in the neighborhood are dressed in their finest. I walked to church and back yesterday and was quite tired. A rest was definitely needed after that. Surprise, surprise, we had a young bike riding friend drop in before we got done eating lunch. We were able to share our lunch with him. He even bravely ate one of my homemade waffles that had no white flour in it, plus we do not have any syrup so he put on the unsweetened applesauce. I was impressed that he finished it. Then he had a boiled egg and a banana. How is that for an interesting lunch? Feel free to drop in anytime that you are feeling in need of some adventure in life. Just eat with us for the quirky and unusual, but healthy, always healthy.

In the evening we loaded up the car with wood, pulp egg cartons, popcorn popper, tea in heat retaining containers, and matches. We headed off to the state park where we could sit by the slow low flowing Cedar River. It was wonderful to eat the pop corn even if much of it burned. It has been a long time and this is a new popper are our excuses for burning it. It was wonderful to see many people out enjoying the view and getting exercise in the process. Leroy and I did not get so much exercise, but were mostly sedentary. Soon I will be well.

I work today so I have been taking it easy all morning to save a good reserve of energy for this afternoon. Luckily one of my co-workers wants to trade schedules this week so I will be home tomorrow which should give me some more time to rest. I then work Wednesday and Thursday.

Paula

No comments: