Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Crazy Guy


Hello,

I know for sure that Leroy is a crazy guy. Yesterday it rained briefly before he left for work, but in the break he thought he could make it just for 20 minutes. Well, the rain had other ideas. Leroy reported that about five blocks from home it started pouring. But the eternal optimist thought it would quit soon as it had in the last spate. No such luck this time. He tells me that by the time he got to work he was totally soaked. The rain may not have penetrated his rain jacket, but it came in around the hood and slid all over. His shoes were lead weights of water. He has those extra clothes at work so he was able to change. I did not ask about a towel with which to dry. Also the clothes he was carrying were not dry. Leroy reported, “My bike bags are not waterproof.”

 He was lucky because there is a dryer in the building so he could put all of his clothes in there except for his rain coat, leather gloves, and shoes. His socks were dry when he prepared to come home in the beautiful sunny warm air, however as soon as he put on his shoes they relinquished some water into the socks. All in all it was quite an adventure for him. Today was much dryer and warmer yet. Just not so much excitement.

It is certainly humid. I can tell as my hair is curling up nicely. I wish I could capture some of that for the winter months, especially indoors. We do not really need cold and humid outdoors with the discomfort that brings.

It was so warm yesterday that people came to the library in shorts. It is amazing. Leroy does not want to stop riding and I guess it will be a few more days before that happens. He has talked about walking, but I discourage that as it is three miles one way and that would take quite a lot of his day. I suggested instead that he use the bus as he could walk some on both ends of the trip. I envy him this built in exercise plan.

Paula

No comments: