Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happenings


Hello,

When I got my order paid for at the grocery store the cashier called me Paula. Does that come up on the screen when I use my credit card? I have seldom been in this store so he certainly did not know me.

Yesterday at work I got a wonderful compliment. A man wondered if I had just gotten my hair done because it looked so good. “No,” I replied, “I have naturally curly hair and I just walked in the wind.”

“It looks great,” he said, “You should do that more often.”

That helped me feel confident for the rest of the day. What a nice gift. Usually those windy walks to the post office unsettle my whole day.

Leroy has been home for the third day from work, but it is really four days if you count Sunday too. He tells me that he is going to work tomorrow. He seems to feel about like I did. Still coughing some and tired, but better than before. I will be happy when we are both over this disease that I thought was just sinus trouble.

We even walked around the block this afternoon and he did quite well. I am going to church choir tonight, but he will stay home. I have decided since it gets dark so early I will drive, but it bothers me to do that. I am quite comfortable walking around here in the light, but prefer companionship after dark.

I have taken my two largest almost ugly hanging plants to the school library for their winter stay. I have now taken three much smaller and lovelier plants to the public library for their winter stay. I have said that I will take my largest Christmas cactus to the public library tomorrow, but I feel a little hesitant to do that. The conditions do not seem just right, but it crowds me here and while I could take it to the school, I want to see it. Decisions!

Paula

No comments: