Sunday, October 14, 2012

Rain


Hello,

From talking about how dry it is I feel now that we have enough rain. The rain gauge had over two inches in it. I cannot remember the last time I have seen that much rain. What a difference!

I was a bit disappointed that it came on Sunday. Leroy and I walked to church wearing rain coats and carrying umbrellas. It was a nice walk. However coming home was a different story. There was more rain with a wind behind it. “Should we call a taxi?” I wondered. Cheap Leroy rejected that idea. But if he had said yes would I have agreed. Who is the cheapest cat?

“If someone offered us a ride, I would accept,” I stated firmly as I held my umbrella to block as much wind as I could.

“I would agree,” Leroy assured me.

However no one offered a ride until we were about two blocks from church and getting wetter by the second. Luckily a lovely friendly woman from church pulled into a drive in front of us and opened her car door. “I insist you get in,” she stated, "You will be soaked by the time you get home.”

She did not have to beg, we hopped in with all speed. “I feel less guilty now for driving all over,” she said as she drove along.

It is good to know too that she was really on her way home when she goes past out house. It helps us to feel that we did not inconvenience her so very much. Blessing abound.

Paula

No comments: