Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday Joy


Hello,

I generously gave Leroy my ailment so he did not go to church yesterday. I, however, went and even sang in the choir. I had been there when we first practiced this piece. Perhaps I should not have sung as I was not quite solid on everything. But I felt good for doing it.

Then it was on to the book club. We discussed Their Eyes were watching God by Zora Hurston. It was a lively discussion. Luckily for me it was the second time I had read this book and I found the vernacular so much easier this time.

I hurriedly walked the mile home to get lunch and go back in the afternoon for an organ recital that was impressive and uplifting as well.

I was amazed that I managed to walk four miles in those two trips and I did not feel exhausted as I had in previous walks. I am perhaps well now. I still cough occasionally, but have much more energy. What a blessing!

Leroy is home today, but does not feel as bad as he did yesterday. Perhaps he is going to be done with this illness in short order. It no doubt helps that he gave in much soon than I did. Also so far he has not had a fever.

I did get my fall clothes out and was impressed that I had more than I realized. I should be well covered. But there is still the danger of some situation in which I have nothing to wear. Sigh! Why do we need more than three of any one thing? I used to have almost no dress pants, and now I think I have five. What an increase! Do I have too many clothes? Certainly it is more than I need for a week. Then I am still wearing some things that I bought when we lived in Ely and that has been 12 years. Perhaps I need to eliminate and update. How did it happen when I was growing up that clothes actually wore out?

Paula

No comments: