Monday, October 22, 2012

Put Away


Hello,

I like to have things put away. Clutter bothers my mind. I can actually live more comfortably with dirt as long as it is my dirt than I can live with clutter. In this smaller space I have packed things away rather tightly so I do not have to see them anymore. Luckily Leroy is mostly anti-clutter as well. He tells me that I have convinced him that it is for the best. He is also great to get rid of things, especially clothes.

We had been using my Mom’s china for everyday because I saw no point in just having it in a box. I have not put it back in a box, but it is in a more inaccessible place in the cupboard because I find that I am tired of using it all of the time. The biggest drawback is that it will not go in the microwave and almost every day I wanted to put it in there. Just in general I was also tired of being so careful with it. Now we are back to using Leroy’s mother’s dishes. It is great.

Leroy has two pair of slippers. One is a slip on that he wears in the warmer weather and the other is more like a loafer that he wears in the colder weather. He could not find those colder weather slippers. Saturday was a big search day. He started in his closet because perhaps it is the smallest and has little room for boxes, but has a large suitcase. It was not there. I insisted we look under the bed in that room, not there. Then we moved on to the computer room closet. We found some interesting things, but no slippers. I was happy to re-arrange some of those boxes to make it more efficient. Then it was moving on to the closet that I use for my clothes. We opened some of the boxes and discovered that we could add more things to them, but no slippers lurked inside. From there we moved on to the closet in the living room. Here we found some things we could add to those other boxes and create some better, tighter storage, but no slippers. Finally Leroy was looking again in his closet on the floor under his clothes and there were his unboxed slippers sitting there peacefully waiting to be spotted.

It was a good job to go through all of those things.

Paula

No comments: