Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gifts on a cold day


Hello,

In spite of the cold it turned out to be a warm day as I took home some gifts from the library. The first was a five gallon bucket with two smaller buckets nestled inside. When gifts come they come in multiples. The second gift was some pictures of six year old Miriam that someone in the community had. What a surprise! I did not remember ever seeing them before although I do remember something about the event. Then the last gift was a bag of the Halloween treats that had not gone to a child. So now I have some pretzels to share with Leroy along with a pencil, a sticker, and a bat that could stick up on the window. I already ate the included fruit snacks.

Another gift was the laughter of the children that I could hear as they listened to and interacted with the magician this morning at the library. I was at the checkout desk so I could not see what happened, but it must have been good. Thirty-five children came so that was great too.

Then I headed off to stores to look for potting soil. No luck in that department. I have spider plants, impatiens, and amaryllis that will all need to find a pot home in the near future. I saw some in the store in my last shopping trip, but did not buy it because I thought it should be cheaper. I may have to go back and pay more than I intended because these plants cannot survive without it.

An additional strong reason for shopping was that I had a gift certificate for a $10 purchase that would expire next week and I did not want to forget about it. A scarf was what I finally got. As I looked around I realized once again that I am not a true shopper. Nothing seemed right so it was difficult to think of this as a positive thing even though I had gift money. I even had a hard time settling on the scarf, but I hoped it would go with some of my clothes. Surely I can make it work.


Paula

No comments: