Sunday, October 21, 2012

Treating Ourselves


Hello,

I got treats for Leroy when I was shopping. Just what are treats at our house? The first was apple cider which is actually a treat for me too. Then there were pumpkin bagels. I am not so crazy about bagels if they have all white flour so I only ate half of one. Then I got an eggplant that was wonderful. Plus, some artisan lettuce was reduced in price, but not in quality. What finds! I was quite pleased.

I know that many people are giving up their landline phones. However, Leroy and I got that one that we use over the Internet and think it is wonderful. I have certainly appreciated having it. These days it is amazing the multitude of possibilities of communicating with others. When I was a child it was simply talk to them in person, write a letter, or phone. We certainly did not take lightly the long distance phone call. After all it cost money. Probably more than it does now. Now I can call anyone in the country without thinking about the cost as it is part of the package. What a gift!

Leroy tried to fix an outlet in our computer room. Unfortunately after much fussing around, he finally put it back with the original broken part. In the process of all that fussing we used the phone as an intercom. We can call any of our other handsets with a special button. That way he did not have to climb the stairs quite so many times. The fuse box or circuit breaker is in the basement and it is a number of steps between. So when he wanted to know if the power was off, he simply called me. As it was I was outside some of the time so he still climbed the stairs five to ten times. I say that was good for him.

I must exercise too even though we did our two mile church walk this morning. Blessedly the sun was shining and it was pleasant outside.

Paula

No comments: