Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Working


Hello,

I worked on Saturday afternoon, as my co-worker was leaving at that time; I tried to be on time. Really I try to be at least five minutes ahead of that as I like to touch bases and get up to speed myself.

The first difficulty occurred when I saw the train stopped on the tracks. I immediately turned on to an alternate route. It takes a bit longer, but it could easily beat a stopped train. Then as I was sitting at a stop light the low fuel light and beeper came on. This almost never happens to us. Both Leroy and I are nervous critters when it comes to the idea of running out of gas.

Course there were no gas stations easily accessed from where I now was. I reminded myself that one was supposed to be able to drive maybe 30 miles once the light comes on. But who has tested that out. Certainly not us. I continued on my way onto the interstate using all of my gas conserving skills. Once I turned off of the fast track I decided, late or not, I would have to stop to get gas as I still had at least four miles to go. Would you believe that the gas price was the lowest I have seen for a few days? Later when I figured out the MPG it was 35+. I was pleased with that. When I walked in the library the time was exactly when I should have been there. And my co-worker did not leave immediately so I could have been relaxed. I must remember in the future that pre-event anxiety is not good for me and usually is not necessary.

I do have to make a side note to complain about the squirrels in our yard. I found an almost ripe tomato that had been ¾ eaten. I figure those animals are the culprit. That might explain my limited harvest. Now I keep stepping on the walnuts. Seems to me the squirrels should have plenty of other things to eat besides tomatoes.

Paula

No comments: