Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Monday Off


Hello,

Because of working on Saturday, Leroy took Monday off. He certainly got a lot done. In the night I realized that we might hang our under the counter strip light that we had not yet used here, in my clothes closet. It has been very frustrating because, as the days have gotten darker on both ends, I do not see in the closet very well. The room light is in the middle of the bedroom ceiling and does not shine in the closet. I have often gotten a flashlight to shine on darker winter clothes. Sometimes, when I am too lazy to go get the flashlight, I feel the fabric so I make a guess as to what I am extracting before I get it out into the light and realize it is wrong. Leroy put that light up over the inside of the closet door frame where it casts perfect light on everything I want to look at. Luckily there was an outlet outside the door and we had the right length extension cord. Some women may want jewels and other luxuries. My practical luxury is a light in the closet. I am grateful for the gift.

After that Leroy raked the leaves in the front yard to the curb so they could be vacuumed on Wed. The front yard looks good, but today the vacuum has not yet come. I hope we have the schedule right. I do know that I had seen they are running behind. When I look out my windows I see that almost all of the leaves are off the trees. Soon fall will be over and winter will take up residence.

We pulled up the tomato plants. I stripped them of the green and slightly colored fruit. I was disgruntled to see many tomatoes on the ground with bites chewed out of them. My light harvest is explained.

Leroy and I made up a sautéed dish with some of these green tomatoes with the addition of onion, mushrooms, garlic, green peppers and an orange pepper. I cannot remember what herbs we put on it, but served over rice and topped with grated cheese it tasted very good to us. With the rest of the tomatoes we will have to do that again or something close to it as I do not think they will rippen.

Paula

No comments: