Friday, October 5, 2012

Good Day


Hello,

We covered our tomatoes last night, but they would have been fine without that touch. It is supposed to be colder tonight and tomorrow night so we have covered again. We would like to make them last a little longer. Usually by this time I am happy to let them go, but we have not gotten much from them so I want more. We have three green peppers out there and two yellow peppers and I would like them to grow a little more before I pick them.

Missouri Valley friends were coming to the museum and we met for lunch. It was just super to see them again. We have not lived in Missouri Valley since 1984. Such a long time ago! What a blessing to know so many wonderful people. It is always great to reconnect.

We went to the Red Frog for lunch and it even reminded me of meals in Slovakia although it was probably closer to Czech. I would recommend this place if you want to eat in the village. They also had plenty of American dishes if anything can be called American. It was either the Red Frog or the Blue Toad. Aren’t these great names?

Leroy rode the bike to work today so I rode the bike there for lunch. I enjoyed it even though it was still quite cool outside. I will say that my sinus hurt and my ears, in spite of the cotton balls in them, were edging towards discomfort. It will have to be warmer before I will be comfortable riding again. Course Leroy tells me that he wears a thin stocking cap under his bike helmet. I could have benefited from that. I was not the only bike rider out there. Go bikes go!


Leroy is working again tomorrow and I will be doing our weekly grocery shopping. I might even wash a load of clothes. It is time for me to shift my clothes in the closet. I have two clothes racks, one in front of the other. So the current season is in the front giving easy access. Right now summer is still in that position and the weather is definitely leaning to autumn or even winter approaching. Tomorrow I will move those clothes around and learn what I have to wear for this new season.

Paula

No comments: