Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lighter and Heavier

Hello,

We are still getting a lighter moving load. I gave away some pie tins this morning along with some choir books that I am not sure why I clung to so passively since I never had done anything with them. That is the type of thing I am ashamed to say I keep in my file of music. Then I am giving away probably ten to fifteen pounds of organ music to my former instructor. He tells me that he will be glad to look through it as he has, now at the University, a student who is from Ghana. This student does not have a lot of money to buy music. I just hope some of it is at his level and interest.

We had been carrying around some Hardy Boys books that Brian used to have, and gave away. Those books have been moved at least once, maybe twice, but Sunday they moved into the hands of a boy whose eyes lit up as Leroy gave them to him. So that must be another five pounds at least. Do we feel lighter? Surely, Surely!

Then there was a farewell meal out last night complete with cake, the remains of which came home with us. I was going to take it to Bible Study this morning only to learn that someone else had already brought cake. That treat was followed by a wonderful lunch with those Bible Study friends. Tonight we will have salmon that someone else shared with us. Except for the salmon we believe that we are getting heavier as we do not normally have many fats or sweets. On the flip side of that is that surely we are much lighter because of all of the laughing at both of these meals. Now there is an unpaid for uplifting addition to the menu. It is almost two for the price of one.

Tomorrow Leroy and I will get up early to beat the heat and the sun as we head off on a two hour drive with a car full of plants to deposit these friends in a beautiful, welcoming room where they can thrive and grow. Life always works out for good.

Paula

No comments: