Monday, August 8, 2011

Foolish

Hello,

This morning I was tired of not moving so much or moving as if I were a stiff person. So I decided to ignore the pain and pull some weeds in the flower bed by the garage. It was not a good choice of activities as I am not moving as well as I had previously even if the flower bed looks better. It seems to be different than getting over the flu when I often think I get better if I just convince myself that I am better off than I realize.

As I told Leroy, “It is the ugliest flower bed that I have ever been in charge of.”

The lilies needed trimming and grass was growing. I did plant a few begonias after the jonquils died down. I suppose because of the heat the begonias have barely survived rather than flourish. I am quite disappointed.

The impatiens, which Leroy brought home on the same trip as the begonias, are thriving in the shade at the front of the house. I had been a bit ticked for bring them home, but have changed my tune as I notice them all the time and their beauty.

Leroy dragged himself along on our short walk this morning however he went off to work anyway. When he came home at noon he rather happily announced, “I am much better. Not one hundred percent but much better.”

Paula

No comments: