Sunday, August 14, 2011

Moving Date

Hello,

We now have a set moving date of 10 September 2011 with no particular destination in mind. But Leroy is going to schedule a truck and storage space in the Cedar Rapids area.

I have felt as if I am dragging my feet because I wanted to have a known settlement where we will live for more than just a month or two. It seems that dragging feet don’t really work for me. Maybe I should become a turtle and carry my house with me. That is certainly possible with some of the large RV’s I see on the road.

I have to look for some positives in this situation. There are always those positives to find, but at the moment I am not sure I want to find them as moaning and complaining can feel satisfying as it is a justifiable way to collects sympathy. In the end the positives are easier to live with so I must remember that. My life has always worked out for the best. There are unknown adventures waiting to be opened up and explored, right?

One very positive note is that my body hurts less each day so I will be able to approach packing without aches and pains. Now there is truly a blessing.

Most of the packing will take place after 31 August as Leroy is finished work here. I have taken some things off the wall since those seem unnecessary, but I really do not enjoy looking at bare walls. This coming week I will find some other unnecessary things to stick in boxes. Also I will spend some time going through the files in the file cabinet. It is great fun to stick papers in there and out of sight. Some of them are no longer necessary. Moving also means that it has only been a year or perhaps a little longer since I last did this. That can be very satisfying to clean house, causing one to feel lighter and freer.

Paula

No comments: