Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last Things have started

Hello,

Last night I had the last meeting of the book club that I will attend. I was saddened to come to that point as I have enjoyed the discussions and the people who participate. It was gratifying to hear them strongly declare that they would continue. Sometimes groups die when the person who starts it leaves. There were some who had not realized I would not be in town for the next meeting.

Our book was The Camel Bookmobile. I showed pictures of the national library in Kenya since the book was set in Kenya. There were no camels at this library, but a motorized book mobile was parked out front and I had a picture of that too. Judging from the story people were surprised that the national library was so modern. I did remind them that it was in a city of several million and not out in remote back country. I believe that Kenya still has such places that might be better reached by camel.

We have now found a storage place in town that is supposedly climate controlled. We want to look at it before we sign up for sure. It is quite a lot cheaper than the one close to Cedar Rapids. It also would be so much less hassle if we would not have to move things so far out of town since we do not know what direction to head. I was going to say that I look forward to moving for the last time, but that has a negative feel to it as it might be to a nursing facility. I would certainly have to lighten the load to go there, I suspect even my 40 year old Christmas cactus could not come.

Last night, Leroy traded a number of stamps with someone in the congregation. He is so excited. Now he would like to have a lot more time to “work” on stamps. He has enjoyed this hobby in the last few years. Soon he will have to put it away and say time to pack it up.

Paula

No comments: