Tuesday, August 23, 2011

working

Hello,

I spent a chunk of the morning over at church helping to get ready for an ice cream social. I rolled silverware and put out salt shakers. Is that a needed job? It was also a nice time to visit. For some reason I have not managed to do a lot of that in this church. Next time I will work harder at getting involved in whatever is available. It seems I must start where people are.

This afternoon I have completed some annoying jobs that are required because of moving. Those included changing the address for a magazine, ordering some magazines that are the result of flyer miles that I cannot use. They are going to Brian’s house. I am not sure they liked it that the address was different than my current address, but hope it will work. If not, it is not so important in the scheme of things.

I also spent some time gathering things that I will be giving away such as books and magazines. There is nothing like moving to urge me to get rid of paper.

I found a temporary home for four of my plants, now I just have to find something for the other 15. Some of them I might have to get rid of, but not just yet. I can not face that even though I am contemplating the possibility.

Our electric water kettle quit working. It is still under warranty so I found the papers and the box to put it in to mail it off. Unfortunately it was still a bit damp inside, so I will not have it ready to mail just yet.

It is quite amazing to me that Leroy will only have a week of work left here in this place. It is indeed nice that we will have ten more days before we have to get out of the house. I am feeling pushed by time.

Paula

No comments: