Saturday, August 6, 2011

Frail and Ill

Hello,

Are Leroy and I approaching old age and all that entails? While we were at Brian’s Jen had a cold (Jen is not old.). Leroy caught it. Or else he got it from another source. Any way, yesterday he had a sour throat, a slight fever, running nose, cough, and general malaise.

I, by self diagnosis, am having a painful reaction to my osteoporosis medicine. I have an appointment but not until Tuesday. In the mean time I hurt to move, sit, or lie down. Consequently I do a lot a gasping and groaning. I had this happen in the past necessitating a change of medicine type. It is such bazaar pain and I can not always tell just what will trigger it. I suppose I could take more pain killers than I do, but they do not stop it, just mute it a little. It seems to be both in my muscles and bones. It least this time it is concentrated in my hip area. Last time it was also in my arms.

I think we are walking around like a couple of ancient people who don’t care about anything but the condition of their bodies.

Leroy and I had big plans to pack yesterday. Forget that neither of us could possibly have managed that except under some type of extreme threat to life and limb.

Leroy had contacted a person in Iowa City (an hour and a half from us) to get some free used boxes. I thought he was a bit crazy, but he forged ahead. We picked those up on the way home from Brian’s house since we go past that city. It was a great idea. I had not clue that we could get so many boxes in our small car. I suspect it was about 25-50. How is that for a divergent number? They are great boxes in good shape. My hat is off to Leroy. He can come through in great shape. Now if we can just get some health back we can deal with life.

Paula

No comments: