Saturday, August 13, 2011

No Hikes Today

Hello,

No hiking for me today just a two mile walk in the morning. I also washed and hung out clothes so would have added some easy miles. Then I exercised my arms and kneaded bread. Other than that I have not had a busy day. Leroy took the clothes off the line since by that time it was in the sun and I am avoiding the sun.

Yesterday was bonanza day for seeing deer. There were two babies and mom in one group followed by a single spotted in the distance, and the last group was a couple fawns that were less than a car length from us before they moved off. I still like to see them, however on the way home we saw two more in our neighbor’s lawn and they did not look so good. Maybe they were all enjoying the cool weather as we were.

The days of eating any food supplies that we have on hand are approaching. The freezer is looking quite slim as is the cupboard. That means I do not always know what to buy when I do go shopping as I do not want to get any extras. One thing nice about this our food bills drop, but unfortunately they will go even higher when we again get settled as I fill in some gaps. At this point I am not replacing herbs or spices.

I read in the paper that in St. Louis some one was asking people to count the clothing items in their possession. I thought I did not have so much, but I counted just one side of the closet and came up to 33 so I eliminated five more things. Also should I count scarves or not? Socks one by one or as pairs? According to them the average American in St. Louis has over 250 clothing items. I was afraid to finish counting so I do not really know what I have. Highs and low for this project were 65 (seems slim to me) and over 1000 (seems excessive). Apparently many people would not count. I suspect that means more rather than less. Here I thought moving keep me under control. I still have some things in my closet that I have not worn for three years and I know they should go, but today was not the day.

Paula

No comments: