Thursday, August 18, 2011

Low and High

Hello,

I awoke feeling a bit low. The reasons? My anti-inflammatory was finished as per Dr. instructions even though there is a second week there. It seemed a shame to have them as I would not use them. I learned from a nurse friend that there is no way to give them to someone else unless I do it on the sly. However, I might just take them myself as my pain came back yesterday, not so intense, but noticeable. I took an over the counter ibuprofen to sleep last night.

Another reason? I do not want to put my things in storage and farm out my plants even if I can find places to farm them. It seems the plants get my unconditional love which they return by living and blooming well.

Then there are the “other” chores that go with moving such as stopping the paper. That is already done as it is the easiest job. The mail and magazines will have to be forwarded, but I am baulking at that as I do not want to have it go to one of our children’s houses and then have to forward it on to another place later. It seems to me to be too much bother. Once is enough. But Leroy says who is bothered by that? Meaning the post office can handle it.

Then the final straw was when I looked in the mirror this morning as I was cleaning my face. Good grief I have some deep wrinkles! Where did they come from? I look beyond old.

To pull myself out of the doldrums I am singing, breathing deeply and meditating. I have also given up railing at God. It is one thing to say I trust God and quite another some days to do it. I just confessed I don’t trust you, God as there is no point in hiding it. Can’t say I am on top of the world, but I do not feel so much like crying. Maybe I should have called this note Low and Middle because I am not high yet.

My sister and her husband are coming to visit today and a couple more days so that will help to distract me.

Paula

No comments: