Saturday, August 27, 2011

Organized

Hello,

I packed at least three boxes of spare bedding and towels as well as blankets and a comforter for colder weather. “We have a lot of extras,” Leroy commented as he helped me tape the boxes.

“That is so someone can come and visit us and have something to sleep in and wash with.” I replied.

With serious thinking about it, we know we do not need it, but have it anyway. We could have people stay in a motel when they visit, but I like them in our home.

I packed more boxes from the kitchen. There too we certainly have much more than we use on a daily basis. I remember someone once telling me that you should take everything out of your kitchen, course that means you would have a place to put it, and only bring things back as you use them. That would tell you how much you really need or want. Today that seems like an excellent idea to me.

Leroy also packed up assorted tools, nails, and screws. He declared, “I have too many things that I seldom use.” I suppose “might need” is the driver in this case, two powerful words that can control as they quietly hunker down for the long haul.

“If we just did not have furniture, moving would be much easier,” Leroy said as he looked around the house.

I still get meals, wash dishes, and wash clothes, but seldom clean now as I figure I will do a big clean at the end.

I am grateful that we have no children at home as we are doing all of this moving. Course it would be ok if they were their current age because they could help and we would not say no.

Paula

No comments: