Friday, August 12, 2011

New Modem and blackberries

Hello,

The right tools do make a difference. I am amazed at how quickly I get on line now compared to yesterday. So the wireless part works as well. Life is good in that department. Yesterday Leroy again finally called the company asking where the new modem was. After a conversation of more than 30 minutes and five people who did not think it was their responsibility he convinced someone to work on the problem. The promise was that it would come in one day and it did. It was not difficult to get it up and running. Yeah!

Leroy decided to go back to the woods where we found a few black raspberries and look for blackberries now. He was going to go alone since he was not sure that I could handle the trails. It seemed to me that it should not be such a big deal because I walk every morning.

The woods were full of spiders looping webs across the trails. Leroy appeared to be conducting an unheard orchestra as we made our way along. In spite of the stick flailing the air in front of him he still managed to pick up a passenger on his hat. The girl had her legs tucked in and was settled for a long ride when I spotted her. She was nice looking, but we dislodged this uninvited guest spider.

By the time we got done with this walk I had great difficulty sitting in the car, taking off my sandals, jeans, and socks. Leroy came and helped me. Now that makes me feel old, as he said, “I am younger.” The steeper, uneven trail bed probably was the cause of the pain. And all of this was for just about ¾ cup of blackberries perhaps due to lack of rain.

This afternoon we took another long walk as a pastoral candidate wanted to look at the parsonage. I realize we would not have to leave, but I am more comfortable with that. All in all, including our morning walk, we believe that we covered six miles today. At least no one can complain that I sit around too much and groan.

Paula


No comments: