Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Doctor Visit

Hello,

It is a mystery that I do not easily push forth my ideas even with a doctor that is young enough to be my son. I did tell him my diagnosis, but he disagreed with it since I had been on the medicine so long. On the Internet I did find information that stated people can get pain from these osteoporosis medicines after varying lengths of use including years. I have been on this for three years.

I ended up having an x-ray, everything is fine. I also had blood work, guess that was fine too, but I do not know the result of that. I can tell you that my blood pressure is 122/68 and my pulse is 72. At least some parts of my body are still in good shape. He also prescribed an anti-inflammatory. I will take it, but after being told by the pharmacist that I should eat and drink quite a bit when taking it to avoid an upset stomach, I wanted to walk out. I just do not want to take any more things that do not react well in my body. The doctor did suggest that I could, if I wanted, go off the osteoporosis meds for about a month and then start again to see how that went. I am for sure going to follow that tack because I am scared to take those pills again so soon.

Leroy is in good shape he almost never coughs now. He did not feel strong enough to ride the bike to a meeting that is up hill and down hill a couple times. Those hills are steep and a bit long so that is understandable.

Leroy went to his Spanish meeting last night. One of the people there had been to a peace institute in Costa Rica. Leroy is all excited about that. It certainly does sound like a worthwhile place.

Paula

No comments: