Friday, September 2, 2011

Plants Delivered

Yesterday Leroy and I set off a little earlier than planned so we were well ahead of the heat. The plants traveled well even if we did forget to put one in. It was the one that we put on the front porch to protect it from those deer that we again saw this morning. I have that plant that we forgot, a plant that is nearing death or perhaps recovering, a plant that is growing up from the base where I cut off the old to start in a new pot, a peace lily to give to Miriam, and another piece that I cut off the mother-in-law’s tongue. When I told Leroy that we should take all of these plants to Miriam, he just rolled his eyes heaven ward and said, “Will they fit in the car along with the other things we are taking?” It was wonderful to have my plants welcomed and not seen as a burden. Blessings abound. I believe they will not only survive, but thrive. It was great fun to see some of my fellow co workers after more than ten years absence on my part. I even remembered all first names and could connect these faces with the names. Now that is a feat not to be ignored. It was also a treat to see the library. I did work with the architect on building/adding the library space to the building. I believe that it still looks good and I hope it is functional. It gives me a sense of satisfaction to look at that bright sunny room. Who knew that I was creating a space to be a plant refuge for myself? I did not see my organ instructor, but I saw his wife. She commented on how great it was that I was donating some of my music. She too felt that the man from Ghana would be very pleased and grateful to get this offering. He is an organ major so I think much of it should fit his needs in one way or another. It can be very expensive to buy music as sometimes a book is purchased and only one selection from the tome is learned. I suppose that means some pieces cost $50. I call that pricy. I am glad to help. Paula

No comments: