Tuesday, September 20, 2011

On Our Way

Salt Lake

Hello,



We left Burlington with the sun in our faces, but it was not hot with the occasional cloud blocking the rays, consequently I did not worry over much about my plants. I drove and Leroy slept as he had been working since 5:30. He had done much more lifting than I had. It was a relief to have finished this task. Now we turned our sights to the west.



We had supper with friends from the Chariton congregation. It was wonderful talking to people with whom we had a longer connection, just like slipping into a pair of great well worn slippers offering comfort and ease.



For the evening, we reconnected with a dear pastor friend and her husband. As we were very tired, we went to bed early with the plants watered and sitting on their deck safely away from the lips of the local hungry deer.



Sunday, we attended church in Chariton and Corydon before having lunch with a number of these great people. It was wonderful to chat and catch up with these friends. I often think that I am tired of moving around, but there is the truth that I would not have the blessings of these people in our lives if we had stayed in one place for a longer time. I felt refreshed and relaxed as we traveled on to Missouri Valley where Leroy had his first pastor job.



Again it was a beautiful afternoon for driving along to the west with some cloud cover to give us intermittent respite from the sun.



Every day I declare as my plan that I trust God for the day. Perhaps like the code of some organizations I just can manage to take it day by day rather than for the rest of my life.



Paula

No comments: