Thursday, September 15, 2011

In Salt Lake

Hello,



Leroy and I arrived at Miriam’s home on Tuesday September 13. In the time since arriving, Leroy and I have even both taken naps, played with two giggling girls, read to these same children, twice walked to the library, helped with washing dishes, cleaned up our mess, delivered plants, tried to find an item we brought, put away half used items needed to make granola, read some, worked on a crossword, slept, showered, pulled weeds, planted some plants, watered plants, gone on walks or runs with girls on training wheeled bikes, played a game with adult household members, found temporary home for some clothes and toiletries, pet the dog, and took morning walks. Consequently I have not had time or energy to write.



As it is I am struggling with this laptop. I seem to have some habits that are not compatible with the key board. So I am grumpy as I get the words on the screen. Leroy, of course, has no trouble with it. I believe that I let my hands rest on the keys too much and inadvertently touch things I do not really want to touch.



My solution is to sit on a pillow, mutter, and save more frequently when writing. That does not help me when I am on the internet causing all sorts of interesting side trips. They might be interesting, but I do not hang around, just long enough to frown and get out of there.



I brought five houseplants that all look great. The one outdoor hanging plant is beautiful. It was great to look in the center rearview mirror and see it dancing in the back seat for 1220 miles. I enjoyed that. Miriam was so happy to see such a good looking specimen that she promptly took down her dying hanging plant and put this on the hook for all the world to see. I will get to enjoy it for a couple more weeks for sure.



In later letters I will give you more information about the trip, but for now this is just to let you know that all is well.



Paula

No comments: