Monday, September 26, 2011

We are still Here


Salt Lake



Hello,



Here, but not for long. We fly to DC tomorrow morning and arriving there in the afternoon. Hopefully all will go as planned. Our expected newest grandchild has not yet been born. If the birth is after we get there, and it appears that will be the case, this will be the first time that we will be in town for this event.



I have not written for a while because I have been busy as well as out of town for one night. Miriam and I went to a women’s retreat with her church family. I was able to go because someone opted out at the last minute. Prayer was the theme. It was wonderful to meet with women who are concerned about increasing their prayer life and response to God in their lives. I do not like meeting new people all of the time, but this was good. I knew some of these women because I have attended church enough to know their names. Then I learned the names of some I recognized, but had not spoken to. Finally I was able to meet some totally new people. Not all of them knew each other so that helped to make me feel more at home.



The setting was at Bear Lake. I am not sure what state I was in as we came from Utah, drove into Wyoming and then Idaho. My impression, from an over heard conversation, was that we were back in Wyoming. I was just along for the ride. It seems that is how much of my life is lived at the moment. Someone says go there and I do.



After coming back home I have read books, put children to bed, went on morning walks, hung out clothes, brought in clothes, folded clothes, ate meals, washed some dishes, read a book, played games a couple times, watere plants, ignored Leroy, and slept a little.



Leroy went on another hike this morning. Even though this was of shorter duration, he declares that it was a lot more strenuous than the previous climbs.



Oh, last night we went to Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey circus. More on that later if I remember. I recommend it especially if you can go with delighted 3 and 4 year olds.



Paula


No comments: