Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rest Area Tale


Hello,

On our way to deliver the plants we stopped at a rest area. There were not many cars at this stop so I was no surprised to see that only one toilet stall door was closed. I proceeded in the next one. The stool next door flushed, water ran in the sink, the hand dryer blew, and then someone said, “I really like your shoes.”

I had on sandals, but I was sure that I had not heard someone else come into the room. “Is she talking to me?” I wondered.

Then the voice continued, “I used to have some like them that I got at a garage sale and just loved them.”

“Thank you,” I replied as I thought about talking to this disembodied voice.

“Where did you get yours?” she then asked.

“At Shuller’s Shoe store in the twin cities,” I told her without adding that I paid a whole lot more than garage sale prices.

“Oh,” she said in a disappointed voice.

“They are Clarks,” I added so she would know what to look for if she were so inclined.

“Oh, good, I can look them up on line,” she said happily, “Good-bye.”

You just never know when and where you might have conversation so be open to it at all times. Who knows, you might not even get to see the person.

Paula

No comments: