Saturday, September 17, 2011

Final Deals In Burlington

Hello,



One of the women vacuumed and swept for me. It was great to have someone do that even though most felt that it was not really necessary. As seems to be my usual style, I hardly moved a box. My role seems to be that of answering questions and running around looking for things.



When I was the only one in the house I checked rooms only to find the vacuum cleaner still sitting in the living room. I raced through the rest of the rooms again to be sure they were absolutely clear of our things, dragged the cleaner out to the garage, put the upright unit in the passenger seat, drove out to the road, turned a corner and wrestled with the tipped vacuum, and got to the storage unit in plenty of time, but realized that I had forgotten the hoses. Sigh! There I did learn that many thought it would not be possible to get all of our things in the 10X15 foot space.



I drove back to the house, pulled in the drive, used the garage door opener to open the door and realized that we had not thought to give someone the opener in the other car which was already out of town. At least this one would be easy and that should not be too difficult as the car was at Leroy’s sisters house and they were members of the congregation. It was just a matter of notifying people.



So now I basically repeated my steps; load hoses in front passenger seat, check rest of house, and drive back to storage unit. At least this gave the plants some idea of what type of trip was to come.



Everything fit in the storage unit, however someone commented that the people who helped put it in would have to take it out as it was booby trapped. All were impressed and amazed that it happened. We enjoyed a final lunch with a wonderful couple before we headed off to Chariton.



In some ways it is satisfying to get this task done even though I do not enjoy the moving, especially since it does not lead immediately to another home.



Paula

No comments: