Friday, September 16, 2011

Moving Tales

Hello,



Well that last day before we moved from Burlington was one busy day. I also wasted a certain amount of emotional energy berating myself for not doing more earlier in the week. As it turned out we got up at 5:30 and worked until we fell into bed exhausted at 10:00. The following day which was moving day we got up at 5:30, ran around and did all those last minute kitchen things that had not yet found a box home. Plus we repacked one box that woke me in the middle of the night when I thought about how heavy it was. We also packed the car so no one would accidently grab something that was not to be stored. We then consumed our last meal in this house. Breakfast, consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, broccoli, milk, and satisfaction at cleaning out the refrigerator.



Half an hour before we had expected help to arrive the first person came.  I put her to work cleaning the kitchen cupboards since Leroy and I had to leave to pick up the moving van. Returning to the house we found three more people ready to pack up. The kind woman who cleaned the cupboards told me that we had not cleaned out one shelf of some last minute items. I was grateful that she found them, but I told her she must not tell anyone how dirty the space was as I had not cleaned the shelves since we had moved in just a year ago.



It was not long before we had a full moving crew who efficiently shifted all our goods from house to moving van. Actually one person took a number of boxes and pictures in their truck to keep them safe.  I am always amazed at how blessed and supported we are. There are good people everywhere.



Everything was out of the house by about 11:00. Everyone went on to the storage unit, except me. I stayed at the house to gather and dispose of the last odd things that were lying around.



Paula

No comments: