Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lettuce

Hello,

We are still eating lettuce that I picked at least two weeks ago. It is quite fine. This afternoon I washed all the remaining lettuce only to discover something about the size of a dime in the bottom of the bag. It was a gray color with legs that had little suction cups on them. Oh, no it was a cute little frog! Life in the refrigerator does not lead to health and happiness. When an insect dies in the frig, and I have found a few in there, it does not make me sad, but this guy did. Guess I care more about some creatures than others.

I am so impressed with that Leroy as he has taken apart another set of shelving. We think we left two sets at the last place and he wonders about leaving one or two here. Eventually if we move a lot more we will be shelf free and have to buy more easily moved pieces or manage with what we have. Leroy does use the electric drill to take the shelves apart and we have to put them together by hand so it is a much longer process to put them up.

Later this afternoon I want to repot my 39.75 year old Christmas cactus. We have a pot and some soil purchased. This scary project will require both of us. Hopefully it will not be as difficult as I imagine. Especially with four hands it could be fine.

I have changed the address on one magazine, but can not make myself take care of the other two. I keep hoping we will have an address of our own instead of having it sent to Brian’s house. After all I like getting some mail. For some reason we have been well supplied with junk mail at the address. I will be quite pleased to leave that behind.

I hate to tell you that even thought we get rid of many things some just seem to stick with us. Today on an insect bite, I used some calamine lotion and I noticed that it had expired in 1990. Oops! My aspirin expired sometime in 2005. We do not use so much medicine so I hate to keep throwing it out and buying new or not having any when I need it.

Paula

No comments: