Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Heathy Life

Hello,

Leroy and I think we live a healthy life style, but there are things that can trip us up besides all the positive things we do.

Just last week Leroy got some exercise playing two games of softball on the church league. Seemed innocent enough but the next morning, he immediately started complaining about pain in his leg/s. That went on for a time but some days the pain level was more tolerable than others. Yesterday he hit the edge as he stated he must get some help. Later he said the relief was almost immediate. So much for exercise!

We still do believe in exercise and Leroy does get up every morning and does a routine. I am the one who has slipped in that department. However this week I have done my yoga routine twice and notice greater flexibility already. Why don’t I do it every day? Because of great excuses; no time, too hot, or I just don’t feel like it. Thank God for that park across the street that we routinely walk through. Now if I could just stop slouching life would be good.

Organic food seems expensive so we seldom buy it, but we are able to now eat all those things from our garden that have been raised this year without additional additives. Who knows what is in the soil from other years. I have picked the last of the lettuce until it puts on more growth. The four bags in the frig will last for a few days. Or perhaps rather than reviving the lettuce will die in the heat. Either way we have been blessed.

I suspect our cholesterol numbers are going the wrong way because we are eating more cheese. Why did we get so much of that smelly stuff? Because it is good and we would not return to this place for a long time. We always have great excuses.

Paula

No comments: