Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Computer, New Learning

Hello,

Last night Leroy was unable to connect with the Internet on the new computer. He finally took it over to church to see if it worked there. It flowed along just like a river moving to the sea. He again tried at home, but it was an efficient dam project ahead. He tried again even getting out the instructions for the modem. Still no positive results! He tried again this morning without success. I talked to Brian about other issues early in the morning and mentioned the problems. Brian suggested, “Have dad call and I can ask him some questions.”

Leroy called, answered questions, asked questions, but was still not able to connect by the time Logan required more of his dad’s help. Leory went through the process one more time, was asked to fill in the pin in an additional place and promptly was connected with the rest of the world. Some things are just beyond comprehension to our last century brains.

We are unsure about getting a mouse. I have generally not liked using the pads on the laptops. Could it be because I do not use them enough to get used to them? Leroy suggested that I work with the word processing last night to learn if it bothered me not to have a mouse. After forty years of being together, Leroy still does not know all about me. I really do not like to practice or fool around with a new item. I want to use it right away and get frustrated as I go because I do not understand it. Now I am writing a letter to you and getting frustrated as I keep touching some thing that I do not intend to have in my document, or the curser suddenly travels to some distant part of the document and I insert words I intended to put in another place. Saving was a trick too, not sure that I can ever find it again as I could not figure out how to create my own folder in this new windows.

Before I started this page I decided to play a game to see if that could teach me anything. Guess I learned something; I know I would like a mouse for that as it challenges my finger dexterioty. I seldom play games , however as I would rather read. That reminds me leroy says we can download three free books, but I am not sure that I want to sit in front of the computer and read them.

I surely grew brain cells today.

Paula

No comments: