Monday, July 25, 2011

Going to the HS Reunion

Hello,

On the Interstate I drove over a lump that was like a small log stretched across the road. At the speed limit of 65 mph it was enough of a shock to make almost everything in the car rattle. Some rattles I had never heard before, however Leroy slept through it. That guy is great. After driving over another of these rather serious bumps, I diagnosed them to be the road bed upheaval from the heat. On the trip in both directions I suspect we drove over 5-10 of these car shaking, teeth rattling protrusions.

I had a great time at the 45th reunion. There were 13 of us out of 28 possible who attended this gathering. It seems we have settled into a pattern as mostly the same classmates are at these events. Some are living a long distance from our home place so that is understandable that they do not come, but a significant number of those living in or close to our home town also do not attend. Just like another organization there are those who do and those who don’t.

At any rate it was great to catch up on a little of the lives of the people who attended. I was impressed that I recognized everyone there as I had missed the 40th making it ten years since I had seen these characters. Because of technology that did not exist when we first knew each other, I have already seen the photos that someone took. I am glad of that because I forgot the camera.

The hardest part was leaving so early. It was 12:30 by the time we got home and both of us non night owls were tired and ready for bed. Leroy was breathing softly within one minute of putting his head on the pillow; I however saw the clock roll past 1:30. But sleep did come before we had to get up and get ready for church.

Paula

No comments: