Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tired

Hello,

Leroy and I have both been tired. I suspect a chunk of that draggy feeling can be attributed to stress. We also have some additional theories. We neither one enjoy being in the AC so much. I think the blowing air bothers me after a while. I also notice that my eyes are dry and burning much of the time lately in spite of drops. Leroy last night said the same bothers him. So perhaps we have a little something like an eye irritant.

We are sleeping better since, at night, we have closed the vents downstairs and only opened our bedroom vents. We have even turned on the ceiling fan to med whirling updraft. I notice that in the night, my mouth is so dry that sometimes I even get up to drink water. I guess I should just put a water bottle by the bed.

Leroy at least gets his naps in. I have tried, but I am more sensitive than the “princess and the pea”. It seems there is always some noise to disturb. I have decided that I can hear the noisy ants moving around underground. Perhaps they make a lot of racket chewing.

Now I wish I could hear the deer trotting around. If I did I would be out there in a flash telling them what I think of their cavalier ways. I weeded some yesterday. Today I could see new deer footprints in the dirt that I had disturbed. One of them also stepped on and smashed one of the struggling begonias. Those deer do not like to eat marigolds, but they have no compunction about stepping on them either. The problem is breaking off the flowers. I suppose the deer could claim prior ownership of this ground because their ancestors were here first. But I will say that humans feel the right is theirs to take over any piece of this earth that does not have a deed on it as if paper is the most important thing. How can all of the earth live together peacefully? So far we have not even figured out how to live with our own species let alone those who can not verbally communicate with us.

Paula

No comments: