Friday, July 29, 2011

Feeling Low

Hello,

This moving stuff does not always bring out a positive feeling. About the only thing I can say right now is that we will again lighten our load a little and that I do not ever clean house deeply, I just move.

It is a bit discouraging because every bishop Leroy has called told him that there are no positions available. In fact one told him that he has three interim people of his own that he does not have a job for. Then another told him that he had 25 openings, but 200+ people who are interested in those positions. Wow! Should I say that God is going to work a miracle here and Leroy will be gainfully employed soon? But then why us and not someone else? Sometimes life does not have explanations.

Leroy and I actually did some packing today. He got more done than I did, but mine were harder and more thought provoking. I guess when movers come in and pack they never worry about wasting much box space or how things will go together. How else could they get it done in a day? I suspect many people have more items than we currently have in here. My hat is off to movers.

On an up note, last night we went to the farmer’s market just to get a couple tomatoes. Instead we came home with five beautiful tomatoes, a large Muscatine melon, and four Missouri peaches. On the back porch someone had given us a box of blackberries. All of this fruit was great. What blessings there are to be had in life! If I can just remember that each day it will all be well.

This morning, after a rain, four deer visited our lawn. Even though they were not close to it, Leroy went out and moved the hanging plant that they like to trim. We take this plant to the porch each night and put it out after the time in the morning that we rarely see a deer. It as worked well as the plant has more blossoms than it had in the past.

Paula

No comments: