Friday, July 22, 2011

More computer Issues

Hello,

Today the laptop again would not connect to the internet. Leroy spent some time trying a few possibilities and then he called our provider. After a rather lengthy conversation we are connected. For some reason the password was incorrect. It is not a mystery how we were able to connect yesterday.

I used the laptop for the internet. We opened the wireless mouse. Leroy pronounced it great. I did fine for about 15 minutes then I must have touched some hidden key strokes because I was unable to go to another web site and a window kept opening telling me I should make shortcuts. I finally just turned it off. Also the mouse was doing a zoom thing that I did not want to deal with. And to think I thought I got along with new technology. I am ready to say that is not so.

In regards to cooling the upstairs, I should tell you that someone suggested we close the air vents in the two lower levels. We did that last night and it made a difference. It was still not as cool as I would like for sleeping, but tolerable.

When we walked this morning it was hot and muggy, but after breakfast a cool front moved through making the air outside feel wonderful. We opened the house for about an hour airing it out. The best thing was that the humidity was gone for a while.

We took advantage of the breeze and rode bikes to the library. It was great going downhill, but the headwind uphill was not so much fun. I learned that I should not chitchat with Leroy as we are sailing down the hill. I was riding behind him, and commented on how nice it was. Because he could not hear, he slowed down and I did not realize it right away. I slammed on my brakes and started to tip over because of the abruptness of the stopping motion. I had had no idea that my tires could make such a screeching sound. I do not know how fast we were going but it was well over 20 mph. From now on I am not talking while bicycling down hill.

Paula

No comments: