Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not Packing

Hello,

I can tell you that I am a master at not packing. So far zero boxes have been packed even though I have known about moving for a week and a half.

We need more boxes and I have made no effort to get any of those. Leroy, however, has found an offer of some in Iowa City. He has made plans to pick them up on the way home for a continuing ed class he will be taking. I am not sure how many boxes we can get in the car, but for once Leroy is more optimistic than I am. Also I am sure there are sources of free boxes here in Burlington if we can just ask questions of the right person.

Two reasons for not attacking this task with gusto: One, I would like to know where I am going. It seems that focuses my packing. Two, I think it would be nice if there were some type of miracle and someone else would do that packing and moving job for me. I am just too cheap to pay someone to do it when I know I can do it, but a gift out of the sky would be nice.

What have I been doing? Re-potting plants, reading books, watching movies, pulling a couple weeds, writing letters to you, watering living things outdoors, deciding to get rid of a couple more things, and just contemplating life.

It seems those are quite effective activities as I do not feel the least bit bored. I might feel panicked in a week or two, but this is now and life feels good.

By the way even though I said you did not need to worry about us, we welcome any and all prayers that are for the highest good of all concerned. I am just hoping that God and I have the same concept of the highest good.

Paula

No comments: