Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dishwasher Tales

Hello,

I, who say that I do not like to use the dishwasher, got pushed into a corner a bit when our dishwasher quite working just as Brian and Jen pulled into the drive or almost then. I had noticed water in the basement when I returned from MN, but it was only a spot in the middle of the room. I did not realize that it might be a problem from the washer that I had run just before I left.

A day before we expected Brian and Jen we again used the dish washer. When showing them the basement there was that puddle of water in the middle of the room, but it was this time connected to a small stream coming from the wall. With investigation Leroy and Brian learned it was the dishwasher not draining properly. They managed to get out most of the water, but were unable to disconnect the machine to get it taken care of completely. Even though it was the Fourth of July weekend we called the plumber in the congregation, but he was busy until late in the afternoon. He did come and successful detach the machine so it could be taken out. The only problem was that we could then only use one side of the sink as it leaked on the garbage disposal side until a new machine replaced the old.

It is ironic that I who normally do not use the dishwasher was all set to use it because company means more plates, glasses, and flatware. The dishwasher, of course does the best job on those easiest items and we would have enough to fill it. Instead we hand washed all dishes. I had to remember to be thankful that we had one sink to use and water ran out of the tap and down the drain as was expected. Just a little inconvenience rather than a major problem!

The new washer was purchased a week later. It is great to have the hole in the wall filled along with two operating sinks. We have used the new washer, but not until I read the instructions. It worked well.

Paula

No comments: