Monday, December 1, 2008

After Thanksgiving

Hello,

We had a great visit with Brian, Jen, Sophia, and Cloe (dog). I do miss having a pet, but my significant other is not into that idea at all. Brian did ask, "If something happened to us would you take care of Cloe?" I assured them that I would be happy to do that. I believe that Sophia is not less important, but has already been taken care of.

I was hoping for snow while they were here since I thought it would be great to have Sophia ride on the sled that Leroy’s dad made. We brought the sled into the living room and Sophia sat on it several times. It then snowed, but not until Saturday night. By Sunday morning there was a nice amount of snow, however they felt compelled to start home since they had no idea how long it would take. I was disappointed, in spite of understanding the urge. I had also wanted them to come to church so I could show them off to the congregation. But I am glad that they made it home safely. As with many things there are multiple feelings and I just have to let those feelings settle allowing the good ones to rise to the top.

Sophia did a lot of running, walking, giggling, and exploring. It was great fun to see her. Makes us want to live closer to all of these granddaughters. If we were rich enough we could buy houses in all their neighborhoods and come for some time each year. How’s that for fantasy?

I am excited because Brian and Jen got a new webcam. They gave us their old webcam that is more powerful than our current cam. The new cam that they purchased can track their movements. Sounds amazing to me. When we talked to Miriam she said it was definitely a better picture than we had before. Leroy will take the other one to church and use it there sometimes. Just think we now own two webcams. Are we part of the cutting edge or what? But then we do not have an IPOD. I think that means we still could make some progress.

Paula

No comments: